Yingjiang in Dehong Dai and Jingpo Autonomous Prefecture in the province was the epicenter of the quake which killed more than 25 residents and injured over 300, while causing houses and buildings to collapse, according to Chinese authorities.
The increase in people moving from the quake zone has led to an increase in the cost of a one way bus trip between Yingjiang and Ruili, which is up to 700 Yuan from 400 Yuan, passengers said.
Yingjiang is the second largest Chinese border jade market for Burmese merchants, who sell varieties of precious stones from the Hpakant jade mines, in western Kachin State.
However, Thursday’s quake has cooled the market, according to merchants.
That’s because most Burmese jade sellers and Chinese buyers moved to Ruili to avoid another quake, said Burmese jade traders.
Residents said they were warned to sleep outside in tents by county authorities in the aftermath of the quake.
According to eyewitnesses, tents can be seen in every roadside, open space and even gardens in the county because of further quake warnings.
Locals said Chinese authorities have warned residents about quakes in the county since December, last year.
- ဖားကန္႔ ေက်ာက္စိမ္းကုမၸဏီ ႏွင့္ ေရမေဆးသမား ၾကား အျပန္အလွန္ တိုက္ခိုက္မႈ ျဖစ္ပြား (News) 19 Nov 2018
- တရားစြဲဆို ခံေနရေသာ ကခ်င္သူငယ္ ဆႏၵျပပြဲ အမႈ ေနာက္ဆုံး သက္ေသကို စစ္ေဆး (News) 19 Nov 2018
- KIA တပ္မဟာ (၁) ေရွ႕တန္း စခန္းငယ္ (၁)ခု ျမန္မာအစိုးရတပ္ သိမ္းပိုက္ (News) 15 Nov 2018
- ေျမယာ သိမ္းပိုက္မႈျဖစ္ေစေသာ အစိုးရ ဥပေဒကို တိုင္းရင္းသားမ်ား ကန္႔ကြက္ (News) 14 Nov 2018
- ဆဒုံ Chyinghtawng Pa ေကာက္သစ္စား ပြဲေတာ္ကို ၾကီးက်ယ္ခမ္းနားစြာ က်င္းပ (News) 13 Nov 2018