In a bid to encourage desertion in the Burmese Army, the Kachin Independence Army (KIA) has welcomed willing Burmese soldiers to join the KIA, in a statement today.
“We are fighting on the front line and if some of the Burmese soldiers want to join us we will warmly welcome them,” said the statement.
The join secretary the Kachin Independence Organization (KIO) the political arm of the KIA explaining the statement said, “We have in an order to all battalions said we are doing this because we should.”
kio-statementA KIO officer from the front line said, “This morning we got the order that says we should treat well all Burmese soldiers, who want to desert from the Burmese Army to our side and injured Burmese soldiers would be sent away immediately from the front line.”
The six point statement said KIA was fighting for restoration of a real federal system with political means by ending the regime in Burma, said KIA.
At the same time KIA said they believe if dictatorship or military rule ends then real federalism with freedom and justice can be restored in the country.
- ျငိမ္းစုစီ ပုဒ္မ ၁၉ႏွင့္ စြပ္စြဲခံ Sut Seng Htoi အမႈ တရားလုိ ၄ဦးကို စစ္ေဆး (News) 13 Dec 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ လုံျခံဳေရး ရဲ ပစ္ခတ္မႈေၾကာင့္ ေရမေဆးသမား ၂ ဦး ဒဏ္ရာ ရ (News) 13 Dec 2018
- Nippon Foundation မွ ကခ်င္စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ားကို ကူညီေပးရန္ အဆင္မေျပ (News) 12 Dec 2018
- တရားမွ်တေရး ျမစ္ၾကီးနား လူထုဆႏၵျပပြဲ ဦးေဆာင္သူ ၂ ဦး အမႈဖြင့္ ခံရ (News) 12 Dec 2018
- ပထမအၾကိမ္ ျမန္မာႏိုင္ငံ လီဆူ လူငယ္ညီလာခံ စတင္ က်င္းပ (News) 12 Dec 2018