On Saturday, August 11, Burmese government troops gang raped a teenaged Shan girl—the 14-year-old daughter of U Thein Win, the headman from Tung Pin Village in Kachin State’s Mohnyin district.
According to sources close to the victim, the girl was raped by a group of Burmese soldiers from the Mohnyin-based Infantry Battalion No. 15, which is led by Captain Zaw Htet Min. The army section is currently stationed in her village of Tung Pin, located near an Indawgyi Lake village between Lung Tung and Se Zin.
The girl was hospitalized in Lung Tung, as she lost too much blood and fell unconscious, said sources from the hospital.
The soldiers responsible for the rape have not been prosecuted; however the victim’s father has brought the case to the Mohnyin District Administration Office.
- လာမည့္ႏွစ္ အစာျပတ္လတ္မည္ ကို အင္ဂ်န္းယန္ျပည္သူမ်ား စုိးရိမ္ (News) 25 May 2018
- သက္ၾကီး ရြယ္အို ဒုကၡသည္သစ္မ်ား ဆန္မာ စားရန္ ခက္ခဲ (News) 24 May 2018
- တႏုိင္းျမိဳ႕တြင္ တရား၀င္ စစ္ေရွာင္စခန္း ဖြင့္ေပးရန္ အစိုးရကို ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 24 May 2018
- ကခ်င္ဒုကၡသည္ ပုံကို ‘အပန္းေျဖ ဆင္စခန္း’ အျဖစ္ တပ္မေတာ္ ပုံႏွိပ္ (News) 21 May 2018
- Kachin villagers tell of army horrors in Hpakant, Danai and Injangyang Townships (News) 18 May 2018