On Saturday, August 11, Burmese government troops gang raped a teenaged Shan girl—the 14-year-old daughter of U Thein Win, the headman from Tung Pin Village in Kachin State’s Mohnyin district.
According to sources close to the victim, the girl was raped by a group of Burmese soldiers from the Mohnyin-based Infantry Battalion No. 15, which is led by Captain Zaw Htet Min. The army section is currently stationed in her village of Tung Pin, located near an Indawgyi Lake village between Lung Tung and Se Zin.
The girl was hospitalized in Lung Tung, as she lost too much blood and fell unconscious, said sources from the hospital.
The soldiers responsible for the rape have not been prosecuted; however the victim’s father has brought the case to the Mohnyin District Administration Office.
- ေမခ၊ ေငၚ့ခ်န္းခ ေရကာတာ စီမံကိန္းမ်ား ရပ္ရန္ ေဒသခံမ်ား ဆႏၵျပ (News) 15 Mar 2018
- ကခ်င္ ျပည္သူမ်ားကုိ ေသြးစုပ္ေနေသာ တရုတ္ သစ္သ်ွဴး ငွက္ေပ်ာ အႏၱရယ္ (News) 14 Mar 2018
- ကခ်င္ ေပါင္းစည္း ပါတီ အား အတည္ျပဳမည့္ လူထု ညီလာခံ ရက္ ေနာက္ဆုတ္ (News) 13 Mar 2018
- ျမစ္ၾကီးနား-ပူတာအုိ ကားလမ္း ေပါက္ျပီ ျဖစ္ေသာ္လည္း ဓါတ္ဆီေစ်း ျမင့္တက္ ေနဆဲ (News) 9 Mar 2018
- ဟူးေကာင္း ယုဇန ကုမၸဏီ ဘိန္းျခံမ်ား ကုိ ေဒသခံမ်ား ဖ်က္ဆီး (News) 8 Mar 2018