Troops from Burma's military faced off against forces from the Kachin Independence Army (KIA) for nearly the whole day on Thursday at Kyauk Pya located on the Bhamo to Namhkam road, in south eastern Kachin state, KIA officials and local residents tell the Kachin News Group.
Naw La, a resident of Manwing village who witnessed the fighting said that the clashes began at about 8 am and lasted until 5pm.
The clashes began in Kyauk Pya when a convoy of 14 trucks carrying rations and military supplies was passing through the area. The convoy which appeared to be headed to Kai Htik was protected by a large group of soldiers from Light Infantry Division No. 88.
KIA troops from Battalion 1 and 27 under the group's 3rd Brigade were able to halt the convoy's progress. By Thursday evening Burmese troops retreated to nearby Bang Hkam Pa military base. The convoy was still unable to move on Friday according to Zau Shan, a senior officer with the KIA 3rd Brigade.
More fighting is expected if the Tatmadaw tries another push on Kyauk Pya, Zau Shan said.
- ပါတီ ေပါင္းစည္းျခင္း ကုိ လက္ခံမည့္ ကခ်င္ လူထုညီလာခံ ဧျပီ ၁၀ ရက္ သို႔ ရက္ ျပန္ ေရႊ႕ (News) 21 Mar 2018
- ေမခ၊ ေငၚ့ခ်န္းခ ေရကာတာ စီမံကိန္းမ်ား ရပ္ရန္ ေဒသခံမ်ား ဆႏၵျပ (News) 15 Mar 2018
- ကခ်င္ ျပည္သူမ်ားကုိ ေသြးစုပ္ေနေသာ တရုတ္ သစ္သ်ွဴး ငွက္ေပ်ာ အႏၱရယ္ (News) 14 Mar 2018
- ကခ်င္ ေပါင္းစည္း ပါတီ အား အတည္ျပဳမည့္ လူထု ညီလာခံ ရက္ ေနာက္ဆုတ္ (News) 13 Mar 2018
- ျမစ္ၾကီးနား-ပူတာအုိ ကားလမ္း ေပါက္ျပီ ျဖစ္ေသာ္လည္း ဓါတ္ဆီေစ်း ျမင့္တက္ ေနဆဲ (News) 9 Mar 2018