The Burma Army deployed two military helicopters yesterday against Kachin Independence Army (KIA) soldiers in Nhkram Bum, located east of the road from Myitkyina to Bhamo, said Lt-Col Naw Bu, the information officer for the KIA’s political wing, the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO).
Russian-made Mi-35 attack helicopters were allegedly used to assist Burma Army soldiers after they suffered high casualties during an offensive against a KIA Battalion 252 military camp in Nhkram Bum valley, according to Naw Bu.
Since last week, the Burma military has been launching a large offensive against the mobile KIA battalion at Nhkram Bum and Kagam Bum—possibly to put pressure on the KIO Laiza headquarters that is located not far from where fighting is happening.
Meanwhile, daily clashes with the Burma Army are breaking every day near Ledo and Hpakant roads in western Kachin State and around Kutkai and Muse Trade roads in northern Shan State.
KIO information officer Lt-Col Naw Bu said that using “military pressure” against the KIO will not force them to sign the nationwide ceasefire agreement or attend the Union Peace Conference (also called the 21st Century Panglong Conference) that starts next Wednesday. The conflict needs to be resolved with political dialogue and not unwarranted aggression, he said.
- ကခ်င္ စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ားကို ကယ္ထုတ္ရန္ အသင္းေတာ္ ၾကိဳးပမ္း ေန (News) 14 Apr 2018
- ျမန္မာစစ္တပ္ ႏွင့္ KIA တိုက္ပြဲတြင္ ရြာသား ၁ ဦး ေသဆုံး၊ ၁ ဦး ထိခိုက္ (News) 13 Apr 2018
- တပ္မေတာ္ ၏ Awng Lawt ထိုးစစ္ေၾကာင့္ ေဒသခံ ျပည္သူ ၂၀၀၀ ေက်ာ္ ပိတ္မိေန (News) 12 Apr 2018
- တုိက္ပြဲေၾကာင့္ အင္းေတာ္ၾကီးအိုင္ ေဒသ ရြာသား ၂၀၀ ေက်ာ္ ထြက္ေျပး (News) 12 Apr 2018
- ကခ်င္ပါတီေပါင္းစည္းေရးမွာ USDP ပါတီနဲ႔ မဟာမိတ္ပ်က္ခဲ့တဲ့ UDPKS မေနာတုိင္ပါတီ ပါဝင္လာ (News) 12 Apr 2018