The Burma Army deployed two military helicopters yesterday against Kachin Independence Army (KIA) soldiers in Nhkram Bum, located east of the road from Myitkyina to Bhamo, said Lt-Col Naw Bu, the information officer for the KIA’s political wing, the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO).
Russian-made Mi-35 attack helicopters were allegedly used to assist Burma Army soldiers after they suffered high casualties during an offensive against a KIA Battalion 252 military camp in Nhkram Bum valley, according to Naw Bu.
Since last week, the Burma military has been launching a large offensive against the mobile KIA battalion at Nhkram Bum and Kagam Bum—possibly to put pressure on the KIO Laiza headquarters that is located not far from where fighting is happening.
Meanwhile, daily clashes with the Burma Army are breaking every day near Ledo and Hpakant roads in western Kachin State and around Kutkai and Muse Trade roads in northern Shan State.
KIO information officer Lt-Col Naw Bu said that using “military pressure” against the KIO will not force them to sign the nationwide ceasefire agreement or attend the Union Peace Conference (also called the 21st Century Panglong Conference) that starts next Wednesday. The conflict needs to be resolved with political dialogue and not unwarranted aggression, he said.
- လူ ၂ ဦး သတ္ျဖတ္ၿပီး ၅ ဦးကို ထိခိုက္ေသာ ဆင္ကို KIA စစ္သားမ်ား ပစ္သတ္ (News) 17 Jul 2018
- ေက်ာက္ ကုမၸဏီ မုိင္းေဖာက္ခြဲမႈေၾကာင့္ ဆန္ခါေမွာ္ ကမ္းပါး ျပိဳက်မႈ ျဖစ္ (News) 17 Jul 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ ေျမျပိဳက်မႈ လူ (၁၇)ဦး ေသဆံုး၊ ကယ္ဆယ္ေရး ရပ္ (News) 17 Jul 2018
- Jade Land ကုမၸဏီမွ က်ဴးေက်ာ္ ျခံခတ္ လာျခင္းကို ေဒသခံမ်ား မလိုလား (News) 16 Jul 2018
- တားဆီးခံ စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ား လြတ္ေျမာက္ေရး လူငယ္ဆႏၵျပ ေခါင္းေဆာင္ (၃)ဦးအမႈ ထပ္မံ ရံုးခ်ိန္း (News) 16 Jul 2018