The Burma Army deployed two military helicopters yesterday against Kachin Independence Army (KIA) soldiers in Nhkram Bum, located east of the road from Myitkyina to Bhamo, said Lt-Col Naw Bu, the information officer for the KIA’s political wing, the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO).
Russian-made Mi-35 attack helicopters were allegedly used to assist Burma Army soldiers after they suffered high casualties during an offensive against a KIA Battalion 252 military camp in Nhkram Bum valley, according to Naw Bu.
Since last week, the Burma military has been launching a large offensive against the mobile KIA battalion at Nhkram Bum and Kagam Bum—possibly to put pressure on the KIO Laiza headquarters that is located not far from where fighting is happening.
Meanwhile, daily clashes with the Burma Army are breaking every day near Ledo and Hpakant roads in western Kachin State and around Kutkai and Muse Trade roads in northern Shan State.
KIO information officer Lt-Col Naw Bu said that using “military pressure” against the KIO will not force them to sign the nationwide ceasefire agreement or attend the Union Peace Conference (also called the 21st Century Panglong Conference) that starts next Wednesday. The conflict needs to be resolved with political dialogue and not unwarranted aggression, he said.
- ေမွာ္ဝမ္းကေလး ရာအိမ္မွဴး၊ ဒုရာအိမ္မွဴး တာဝန္မွ ရပ္စဲေရး တုိင္ၾကားခ်က္ စတင္စစ္ေဆး (News) 19 Oct 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ စပ်စ္ခူးေက်းရြာဦးပုိင္း ေျမစာစြန္႔ပစ္မႈျပႆနာ ေျဖရွင္းေပးရန္ ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 19 Oct 2018
- လံုျခံဳစြာ ေနရပ္ျပန္ႏုိင္ေရး ကခ်င္ စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ား ကုလ ကုိယ္စားလွယ္ ကို တင္ျပ (News) 18 Oct 2018
- ဆႏၵျပေခါင္းေဆာင္ ၃ ဦးေပၚ စြဲခ်က္ ႐ုတ္သိမ္းေပးရန္ ဂ်ပန္ေရာက္ ကခ်င္မ်ား ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 18 Oct 2018
- KNG TV Oct.18 Kachin State news (KNG TV) 18 Oct 2018