The Burma Army continued offensives against the Kachin Independence Army’s (KIA) Battalion 9 this Sunday in northern Shan State despite that the armed group's political wing, the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO), will soon be joining them at the table this Wednesday during the Union Peace Conference (also called 21st Century Panglong Conference).
Some KIO leaders have already left for Naypyidaw to attend the conference under the United Nationalities Federal Council (UNFC); an ethnic alliance that the Kachin armed group is a member of.
Lt-Col Naw Bu, KIO spokesperson, said two columns of Burma Army’s Light Infantry Battalion 99 (LID-99) attacked KIA Battalion 9, under Brigade 4, in Hu Long Mountain just east of Na Hpai.
The Burma Army also reportedly launched offensives on Sunday on ceasefire group Shan State Progress Party/Shan State Army – North’s (SSPP/SSA-N) Wan Hai headquarters, also located in northern Shan State.
- ကခ်င္ စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ားကို ကယ္ထုတ္ရန္ အသင္းေတာ္ ၾကိဳးပမ္း ေန (News) 14 Apr 2018
- ျမန္မာစစ္တပ္ ႏွင့္ KIA တိုက္ပြဲတြင္ ရြာသား ၁ ဦး ေသဆုံး၊ ၁ ဦး ထိခိုက္ (News) 13 Apr 2018
- တပ္မေတာ္ ၏ Awng Lawt ထိုးစစ္ေၾကာင့္ ေဒသခံ ျပည္သူ ၂၀၀၀ ေက်ာ္ ပိတ္မိေန (News) 12 Apr 2018
- တုိက္ပြဲေၾကာင့္ အင္းေတာ္ၾကီးအိုင္ ေဒသ ရြာသား ၂၀၀ ေက်ာ္ ထြက္ေျပး (News) 12 Apr 2018
- ကခ်င္ပါတီေပါင္းစည္းေရးမွာ USDP ပါတီနဲ႔ မဟာမိတ္ပ်က္ခဲ့တဲ့ UDPKS မေနာတုိင္ပါတီ ပါဝင္လာ (News) 12 Apr 2018