The Burma Army continued offensives against the Kachin Independence Army’s (KIA) Battalion 9 this Sunday in northern Shan State despite that the armed group's political wing, the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO), will soon be joining them at the table this Wednesday during the Union Peace Conference (also called 21st Century Panglong Conference).
Some KIO leaders have already left for Naypyidaw to attend the conference under the United Nationalities Federal Council (UNFC); an ethnic alliance that the Kachin armed group is a member of.
Lt-Col Naw Bu, KIO spokesperson, said two columns of Burma Army’s Light Infantry Battalion 99 (LID-99) attacked KIA Battalion 9, under Brigade 4, in Hu Long Mountain just east of Na Hpai.
The Burma Army also reportedly launched offensives on Sunday on ceasefire group Shan State Progress Party/Shan State Army – North’s (SSPP/SSA-N) Wan Hai headquarters, also located in northern Shan State.
- ေမွာ္ဝမ္းကေလး ရာအိမ္မွဴး၊ ဒုရာအိမ္မွဴး တာဝန္မွ ရပ္စဲေရး တုိင္ၾကားခ်က္ စတင္စစ္ေဆး (News) 19 Oct 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ စပ်စ္ခူးေက်းရြာဦးပုိင္း ေျမစာစြန္႔ပစ္မႈျပႆနာ ေျဖရွင္းေပးရန္ ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 19 Oct 2018
- လံုျခံဳစြာ ေနရပ္ျပန္ႏုိင္ေရး ကခ်င္ စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ား ကုလ ကုိယ္စားလွယ္ ကို တင္ျပ (News) 18 Oct 2018
- ဆႏၵျပေခါင္းေဆာင္ ၃ ဦးေပၚ စြဲခ်က္ ႐ုတ္သိမ္းေပးရန္ ဂ်ပန္ေရာက္ ကခ်င္မ်ား ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 18 Oct 2018
- KNG TV Oct.18 Kachin State news (KNG TV) 18 Oct 2018