The Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO) fielded 25 people from its own ranks and affiliate groups to join a United Nationalities Federal Council (UNFC) delegation during the Union Peace Conference (also called 21st Century Panglong Conference) that started today.The list of their names in Kachin language was delivered yesterday in statement issued by Maj Gen Gun Maw, KIO vice-chairman (2).
Gen N’ Ban La, KIO vice-chairman and also UNFC chairman, as well as other leaders were included, but for reasons unknown Gun Maw’s name wasn’t on the list.
Members of KIO women’s organisations, the Myitkyina-based Kachin Peace Creation Group and Kachin National Consultative Assembly, were included.
The UNFC recently demanded that the Burma Army halt its current offensives against the KIO, giving its leaders the chance to attend the peace conference
The KIO leaders attending the five-day peace conference as a member group of the UNFC aren’t planning to engage in discussions, but merely joining to keep the door open for future political dialogue with the government, according to a statement released by Maj Gen on 27 August.
- လူ ၂ ဦး သတ္ျဖတ္ၿပီး ၅ ဦးကို ထိခိုက္ေသာ ဆင္ကို KIA စစ္သားမ်ား ပစ္သတ္ (News) 17 Jul 2018
- ေက်ာက္ ကုမၸဏီ မုိင္းေဖာက္ခြဲမႈေၾကာင့္ ဆန္ခါေမွာ္ ကမ္းပါး ျပိဳက်မႈ ျဖစ္ (News) 17 Jul 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ ေျမျပိဳက်မႈ လူ (၁၇)ဦး ေသဆံုး၊ ကယ္ဆယ္ေရး ရပ္ (News) 17 Jul 2018
- Jade Land ကုမၸဏီမွ က်ဴးေက်ာ္ ျခံခတ္ လာျခင္းကို ေဒသခံမ်ား မလိုလား (News) 16 Jul 2018
- တားဆီးခံ စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ား လြတ္ေျမာက္ေရး လူငယ္ဆႏၵျပ ေခါင္းေဆာင္ (၃)ဦးအမႈ ထပ္မံ ရံုးခ်ိန္း (News) 16 Jul 2018