About 300 Burmese soldiers wearing civilian clothes have allegedly entered China in small groups since 3 September as part of a planned offensive against the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO) said a border military affairs observer.A Chinese border-based military affairs observer, who did not want to be named, told KNG that the soldiers disguised as civilians had crossed into China at the Jiegao border crossing.
An observer said that the soldiers were seen heading towards the Chinese border towns of Longchuan and Yingjiang, which are close to the KIO headquarters and Kachin Independence Army (KIA) Brigade 3 headquarters in Laiza, Laisin Bum, and Mai Ja Yang, but since then there has been no further news about them.
Lieutenant-Colonel Naw Buu, a KIO information officer based at KIO headquarters in Laiza confirmed to KNG that the Kachin Independence Army (KIA), the KIO’s military wing, had received information about Burma Army soldiers entering China dressed as civilians.
Since an escalation of tensions between the Burma Army and the KIA on Kampaiti Road last month the Chinese have stationed troops on the border.
Previously, when the Burma Army attacked and seized the KIO’s former headquarters at Nahpaw-Pajau Bum in 1987, Burma Army troops had attacked the KIA positions from across the border in China, according to KIA officials.
- လူ ၂ ဦး သတ္ျဖတ္ၿပီး ၅ ဦးကို ထိခိုက္ေသာ ဆင္ကို KIA စစ္သားမ်ား ပစ္သတ္ (News) 17 Jul 2018
- ေက်ာက္ ကုမၸဏီ မုိင္းေဖာက္ခြဲမႈေၾကာင့္ ဆန္ခါေမွာ္ ကမ္းပါး ျပိဳက်မႈ ျဖစ္ (News) 17 Jul 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ ေျမျပိဳက်မႈ လူ (၁၇)ဦး ေသဆံုး၊ ကယ္ဆယ္ေရး ရပ္ (News) 17 Jul 2018
- Jade Land ကုမၸဏီမွ က်ဴးေက်ာ္ ျခံခတ္ လာျခင္းကို ေဒသခံမ်ား မလိုလား (News) 16 Jul 2018
- တားဆီးခံ စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ား လြတ္ေျမာက္ေရး လူငယ္ဆႏၵျပ ေခါင္းေဆာင္ (၃)ဦးအမႈ ထပ္မံ ရံုးခ်ိန္း (News) 16 Jul 2018