About 300 Burmese soldiers wearing civilian clothes have allegedly entered China in small groups since 3 September as part of a planned offensive against the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO) said a border military affairs observer.A Chinese border-based military affairs observer, who did not want to be named, told KNG that the soldiers disguised as civilians had crossed into China at the Jiegao border crossing.
An observer said that the soldiers were seen heading towards the Chinese border towns of Longchuan and Yingjiang, which are close to the KIO headquarters and Kachin Independence Army (KIA) Brigade 3 headquarters in Laiza, Laisin Bum, and Mai Ja Yang, but since then there has been no further news about them.
Lieutenant-Colonel Naw Buu, a KIO information officer based at KIO headquarters in Laiza confirmed to KNG that the Kachin Independence Army (KIA), the KIO’s military wing, had received information about Burma Army soldiers entering China dressed as civilians.
Since an escalation of tensions between the Burma Army and the KIA on Kampaiti Road last month the Chinese have stationed troops on the border.
Previously, when the Burma Army attacked and seized the KIO’s former headquarters at Nahpaw-Pajau Bum in 1987, Burma Army troops had attacked the KIA positions from across the border in China, according to KIA officials.
- ေမွာ္ဝမ္းကေလး ရာအိမ္မွဴး၊ ဒုရာအိမ္မွဴး တာဝန္မွ ရပ္စဲေရး တုိင္ၾကားခ်က္ စတင္စစ္ေဆး (News) 19 Oct 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ စပ်စ္ခူးေက်းရြာဦးပုိင္း ေျမစာစြန္႔ပစ္မႈျပႆနာ ေျဖရွင္းေပးရန္ ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 19 Oct 2018
- လံုျခံဳစြာ ေနရပ္ျပန္ႏုိင္ေရး ကခ်င္ စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ား ကုလ ကုိယ္စားလွယ္ ကို တင္ျပ (News) 18 Oct 2018
- ဆႏၵျပေခါင္းေဆာင္ ၃ ဦးေပၚ စြဲခ်က္ ႐ုတ္သိမ္းေပးရန္ ဂ်ပန္ေရာက္ ကခ်င္မ်ား ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 18 Oct 2018
- KNG TV Oct.18 Kachin State news (KNG TV) 18 Oct 2018