A drug gang beat Burmese Police after they arrested a major drug dealer of the Indawgyi area of Kachin State with alleged connections to high-ranking Burma Army officers.Officers from Mohnyin Township Police Force and Naypyidaw Anti-Narcotic Task Force arrested U Aung Kyaw Win in possession of 117.4 gram of opium, 2,985 amphetamine tablets, and over 1.7 million kyats in Mai Naung Village on 18 September.
It is rumoured that U Aung Kyaw Win is the second largest drug trafficker in the Indawgyi area. Local residents claim that he and his gang have bribed Burma Army officers from the rank of captain up to the commander of the Burma Army’s Northern Command.
After U Aung Kyaw Win’s arrest his son, Kyaw Thu Win and around 20 villagers attacked the police according to the leaders of Pat Jasan (PJS), a community-based Kachin drug elimination team.
Local residents told KNG that the drug gang badly beat up the police and took a gun and two hand grenades from them.
The injured police officers are currently receiving treatment at Mohnyin Hospital.
Local PJS teams allege that Shanni (Red Shan) people’s militias backed by the army have been dealing drugs in Mogaung and Hpakant townships.
The police are investigating drug traffickers with alleged ties to the Burma Army to see if they can arrest them and charge them with ‘causing injury to civil servants’ and ‘illegal arms possession’.
- ကခ်င္ စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ားကို ကယ္ထုတ္ရန္ အသင္းေတာ္ ၾကိဳးပမ္း ေန (News) 14 Apr 2018
- ျမန္မာစစ္တပ္ ႏွင့္ KIA တိုက္ပြဲတြင္ ရြာသား ၁ ဦး ေသဆုံး၊ ၁ ဦး ထိခိုက္ (News) 13 Apr 2018
- တပ္မေတာ္ ၏ Awng Lawt ထိုးစစ္ေၾကာင့္ ေဒသခံ ျပည္သူ ၂၀၀၀ ေက်ာ္ ပိတ္မိေန (News) 12 Apr 2018
- တုိက္ပြဲေၾကာင့္ အင္းေတာ္ၾကီးအိုင္ ေဒသ ရြာသား ၂၀၀ ေက်ာ္ ထြက္ေျပး (News) 12 Apr 2018
- ကခ်င္ပါတီေပါင္းစည္းေရးမွာ USDP ပါတီနဲ႔ မဟာမိတ္ပ်က္ခဲ့တဲ့ UDPKS မေနာတုိင္ပါတီ ပါဝင္လာ (News) 12 Apr 2018