Though the organisers of the two-day workshop titled ‘Pursuing Justice in Times of Political Change: Challenges and Strategies’ applied to the Burmese Government for permission to hold the conference over two months ago they got no response until the day the workshop was due to start.
The government refused to give permission for the workshop to be held and said it must be cancelled, according to the workshop organisers.
One of the organisers, U Lwan Zaung, said: “When we need many workshops like this one to discuss and find solutions for the on-going situations and political issues, it is questionable why the government told us to cancel the workshop.”
The workshop was due to be led by the Australia Myanmar Constitutional Democracy Project and the Community of Democracy.
Despite banning the workshop in Myitkyina the government granted permission for the same workshops to be held in Naypyidaw and Rangoon.
- ေမွာ္ဝမ္းကေလး ရာအိမ္မွဴး၊ ဒုရာအိမ္မွဴး တာဝန္မွ ရပ္စဲေရး တုိင္ၾကားခ်က္ စတင္စစ္ေဆး (News) 19 Oct 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ စပ်စ္ခူးေက်းရြာဦးပုိင္း ေျမစာစြန္႔ပစ္မႈျပႆနာ ေျဖရွင္းေပးရန္ ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 19 Oct 2018
- လံုျခံဳစြာ ေနရပ္ျပန္ႏုိင္ေရး ကခ်င္ စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ား ကုလ ကုိယ္စားလွယ္ ကို တင္ျပ (News) 18 Oct 2018
- ဆႏၵျပေခါင္းေဆာင္ ၃ ဦးေပၚ စြဲခ်က္ ႐ုတ္သိမ္းေပးရန္ ဂ်ပန္ေရာက္ ကခ်င္မ်ား ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 18 Oct 2018
- KNG TV Oct.18 Kachin State news (KNG TV) 18 Oct 2018