More than 80 Burmese military trucks loaded with a large supply of rations and unknown items departed this morning from Myitkyina to Putao, the northernmost part of Kachin State.It is a significant sign that the Burmese military is believed to be preparing an offensive against the 1st Brigade of Kachin Independence Army, KIA in Putao district, said military observers in Kachin State’s capital Myitkyina.
The military cargo convoys are expected to supply hundreds of troops on Sumprabum-Putao road and the army bases in Sumprabum and Putao district, according to local military observers.
Earlier days, hundreds of troops from outside Kachin State have been already transported to Putao district. Now, Burma army troops from two Light Infantry Divisions-- LID 33 and LID 101 are deploying along Sumprabum-Putao road, said local travelers
Early this month, Burma army also set up the new military strategic command at Sumprabum, said local military observers.
The KIA, as brigade 4 and 6 in Northern Shan State, is a member of Northern Alliance – Burma, the four ethnic armed groups including Ta’ang National Liberation Army (TNLA), Myanmar National Democratic Alliance Army (MNDAA) and Arakan Army (AA). The alliance started the counter-attack to the government forces in Northern Shan State from November of last year.
The KIA, the armed wing of the Kachin Independence Organization, KIO in Kachin State, has been under the heavily offensives of Burma military by using warplanes and tanks as a foreign enemy following the KIO joined the first meeting of the 21st Century Panglong Peace Conference in August, last year.
- ၾကားျဖတ္ ေရြးေကာက္ပြဲ ေစာင့္ၾကည့္ရန္ လူငယ္မ်ား သင္တန္း ျပဳလုပ္ (News) 19 Aug 2018
- ‘Kachin State Party’ မွတ္ပုံတင္ရန္ ဦးေဆာင္ေကာ္မတီ ဖြဲ႕စည္း (News) 18 Aug 2018
- Mytel ဖုန္းၾကိဳး ႏွင့္ လွ်ပ္စစ္မီးၾကိဳး ေလွ်ာ့ျဖစ္ျပီး ေနအိမ္ ၁၀၀ ေက်ာ္မွ မိန္းဘုတ္မ်ား ေလာင္ကၽြမ္း (News) 17 Aug 2018
- ျမစ္ဆံုေရကာတာ ဆက္လက္ ကန္႔ကြက္ဖုိ႔ ေဒသခံမ်ား ေတြ႕ဆံုေဆြးေႏြး (News) 16 Aug 2018
- Kachin State Party တရား၀င္ ျဖစ္လာေရး အလုပ္အမႈေဆာင္ ေကာ္မတီ ဖြဲ႔စည္း (News) 15 Aug 2018