Kachin anti-narcotic group, Pat Jasan (PJS), will restart its opium eradication program this year in the Kachin State before the opium season is over.Tang Gon, secretary of PJS (Myitkyina), explained that information from the opium farm areas will be scrutinized and the opium farms will be eradicated in time.
“Surveys are being collected in the areas where opium farms were eradicated in the past. We will do [the eradication] in time after receiving this information. We will destroy them within the opium season,” he said.
Although fighting rages in the Kachin State and northern Shan State, the PJS will continue to carry out its anti-narcotic program and has encouraged participation from the public, the PJS Central Committee stated in an announcement released on 14 January.
Conflict broke out between the PJS and opium farm-owners after PJS entered Kampaiti area, which is under the control of people militia’s leader U U Zahkung Ting Ying, last February.
- ျငိမ္းစုစီ ပုဒ္မ ၁၉ႏွင့္ စြပ္စြဲခံ Sut Seng Htoi အမႈ တရားလုိ ၄ဦးကို စစ္ေဆး (News) 13 Dec 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ လုံျခံဳေရး ရဲ ပစ္ခတ္မႈေၾကာင့္ ေရမေဆးသမား ၂ ဦး ဒဏ္ရာ ရ (News) 13 Dec 2018
- Nippon Foundation မွ ကခ်င္စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ားကို ကူညီေပးရန္ အဆင္မေျပ (News) 12 Dec 2018
- တရားမွ်တေရး ျမစ္ၾကီးနား လူထုဆႏၵျပပြဲ ဦးေဆာင္သူ ၂ ဦး အမႈဖြင့္ ခံရ (News) 12 Dec 2018
- ပထမအၾကိမ္ ျမန္မာႏိုင္ငံ လီဆူ လူငယ္ညီလာခံ စတင္ က်င္းပ (News) 12 Dec 2018