Kachin anti-narcotic group, Pat Jasan (PJS), will restart its opium eradication program this year in the Kachin State before the opium season is over.Tang Gon, secretary of PJS (Myitkyina), explained that information from the opium farm areas will be scrutinized and the opium farms will be eradicated in time.
“Surveys are being collected in the areas where opium farms were eradicated in the past. We will do [the eradication] in time after receiving this information. We will destroy them within the opium season,” he said.
Although fighting rages in the Kachin State and northern Shan State, the PJS will continue to carry out its anti-narcotic program and has encouraged participation from the public, the PJS Central Committee stated in an announcement released on 14 January.
Conflict broke out between the PJS and opium farm-owners after PJS entered Kampaiti area, which is under the control of people militia’s leader U U Zahkung Ting Ying, last February.
- ဖားကန္႔ ေက်ာက္စိမ္း လုပ္ကြက္ သက္တမ္းကုန္ဆုံးေသာ္လည္း ကုမၸဏီမ်ား တူးေနဆဲ (News) 19 Sep 2018
- ကခ်င္မိ်ဳးႏြယ္မ်ားၾကား ေသြးခြဲေစေသာ ဥပေဒ ပယ္ဖ်က္ေပးရန္ လို (News) 18 Sep 2018
- ပူတာအို ေရေဘးသင့္ ရြာသားမ်ား စား၀တ္ေနေရး ခက္ခဲေန (News) 17 Sep 2018
- ဆႏၵျပ ကခ်င္လူငယ္ အမႈ ပယ္ဖ်က္ေပးရန္ ခ႐ိုင္တရား႐ုံးသို႔ တင္ျပျခင္း ပလပ္ ခံရ (News) 17 Sep 2018
- ကခ်င္ျပည္နယ္ ေဒသထြက္ကုန္ ေစ်း ျမစ္ၾကီးနားတြင္ ဖြင့္လွစ္ (News) 15 Sep 2018