A nine-year-old child was killed and her two sisters were left injured after a landmine exploded on a farm near a Tatmadaw camp in Kachin State on April 19, according to a relative.Alay Mee and her three daughters were working on the farm in Bhamo District when the mine exploded. Nine-year-old Htu Tawng was killed in the blast, while Ji Pan, 16, and Seng Pan, 22, were injured.
“The incident took place in an area very close to the village. They went to work on the farm at around 4:30pm. The farm is located next to the Burma Army’s camp. They were working on the farm when the mine exploded.
The mother was working in the upper area and her three daughters were working on the lower area,” said La Doi, a relative of the family.
The bomb exploded on the fourth day after the family started clearing the land to plant vegetables.
The child who was killed, Htu Tawng, was about to sit her final exam for the third standard.
“The eldest daughter is getter better. The middle daughter Ji Pan has a serious injury. She is injured on her arm, thigh and back. Her kidney and liver have both been affected so she hasn’t undergone a surgery for her back injury. The situation is still bad,” said La Doi.
A funeral for Htu Tawng was held on April 20. Her parents Wahpai Brang Nan and Alay Mee were so distraught that they fainted, he added.
Officials from Mansi Police Station came to see the family the day after the incident and asked them to settle the case. The family members signed papers out of fear, according to La Doi.
- ဖားကန္႔ ေက်ာက္စိမ္း လုပ္ကြက္ သက္တမ္းကုန္ဆုံးေသာ္လည္း ကုမၸဏီမ်ား တူးေနဆဲ (News) 19 Sep 2018
- ကခ်င္မိ်ဳးႏြယ္မ်ားၾကား ေသြးခြဲေစေသာ ဥပေဒ ပယ္ဖ်က္ေပးရန္ လို (News) 18 Sep 2018
- ပူတာအို ေရေဘးသင့္ ရြာသားမ်ား စား၀တ္ေနေရး ခက္ခဲေန (News) 17 Sep 2018
- ဆႏၵျပ ကခ်င္လူငယ္ အမႈ ပယ္ဖ်က္ေပးရန္ ခ႐ိုင္တရား႐ုံးသို႔ တင္ျပျခင္း ပလပ္ ခံရ (News) 17 Sep 2018
- ကခ်င္ျပည္နယ္ ေဒသထြက္ကုန္ ေစ်း ျမစ္ၾကီးနားတြင္ ဖြင့္လွစ္ (News) 15 Sep 2018