The Mogaung-Kamaing road, a portion of the major road to the Hpakant jade mine in Burma’s northern Kachin State, was closed yesterday for three hours following Burma army’s artillery fire.
At least twice artillery fires were made about 11am local time by Burmese army post in Gauri village targeting Ga Matep, where the government forces were occasionally attacked by the Kachin Independence Army, KIA Battalion 6 last year.
At 12pm, Burmese army blocked the route between Mogaung and Kamaing at its military gate, eight miles from Mogaung however the road was reopened at 3pm, according to travellers.
The military tensions have been emerged in Hpakant jade mine following Burma army troops and the KIA Battalion 6 clashed on May 9, last week in the upstream of Uru River in the jade mine.
- ျငိမ္းစုစီ ပုဒ္မ ၁၉ႏွင့္ စြပ္စြဲခံ Sut Seng Htoi အမႈ တရားလုိ ၄ဦးကို စစ္ေဆး (News) 13 Dec 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ လုံျခံဳေရး ရဲ ပစ္ခတ္မႈေၾကာင့္ ေရမေဆးသမား ၂ ဦး ဒဏ္ရာ ရ (News) 13 Dec 2018
- Nippon Foundation မွ ကခ်င္စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ားကို ကူညီေပးရန္ အဆင္မေျပ (News) 12 Dec 2018
- တရားမွ်တေရး ျမစ္ၾကီးနား လူထုဆႏၵျပပြဲ ဦးေဆာင္သူ ၂ ဦး အမႈဖြင့္ ခံရ (News) 12 Dec 2018
- ပထမအၾကိမ္ ျမန္မာႏိုင္ငံ လီဆူ လူငယ္ညီလာခံ စတင္ က်င္းပ (News) 12 Dec 2018