The Mogaung-Kamaing road, a portion of the major road to the Hpakant jade mine in Burma’s northern Kachin State, was closed yesterday for three hours following Burma army’s artillery fire.
At least twice artillery fires were made about 11am local time by Burmese army post in Gauri village targeting Ga Matep, where the government forces were occasionally attacked by the Kachin Independence Army, KIA Battalion 6 last year.
At 12pm, Burmese army blocked the route between Mogaung and Kamaing at its military gate, eight miles from Mogaung however the road was reopened at 3pm, according to travellers.
The military tensions have been emerged in Hpakant jade mine following Burma army troops and the KIA Battalion 6 clashed on May 9, last week in the upstream of Uru River in the jade mine.
- ဖားကန္႔ ေက်ာက္စိမ္း လုပ္ကြက္ သက္တမ္းကုန္ဆုံးေသာ္လည္း ကုမၸဏီမ်ား တူးေနဆဲ (News) 19 Sep 2018
- ကခ်င္မိ်ဳးႏြယ္မ်ားၾကား ေသြးခြဲေစေသာ ဥပေဒ ပယ္ဖ်က္ေပးရန္ လို (News) 18 Sep 2018
- ပူတာအို ေရေဘးသင့္ ရြာသားမ်ား စား၀တ္ေနေရး ခက္ခဲေန (News) 17 Sep 2018
- ဆႏၵျပ ကခ်င္လူငယ္ အမႈ ပယ္ဖ်က္ေပးရန္ ခ႐ိုင္တရား႐ုံးသို႔ တင္ျပျခင္း ပလပ္ ခံရ (News) 17 Sep 2018
- ကခ်င္ျပည္နယ္ ေဒသထြက္ကုန္ ေစ်း ျမစ္ၾကီးနားတြင္ ဖြင့္လွစ္ (News) 15 Sep 2018