The Mogaung-Kamaing road, a portion of the major road to the Hpakant jade mine in Burma’s northern Kachin State, was closed yesterday for three hours following Burma army’s artillery fire.
At least twice artillery fires were made about 11am local time by Burmese army post in Gauri village targeting Ga Matep, where the government forces were occasionally attacked by the Kachin Independence Army, KIA Battalion 6 last year.
At 12pm, Burmese army blocked the route between Mogaung and Kamaing at its military gate, eight miles from Mogaung however the road was reopened at 3pm, according to travellers.
The military tensions have been emerged in Hpakant jade mine following Burma army troops and the KIA Battalion 6 clashed on May 9, last week in the upstream of Uru River in the jade mine.
- ေမွာ္ဝမ္းကေလး ရာအိမ္မွဴး၊ ဒုရာအိမ္မွဴး တာဝန္မွ ရပ္စဲေရး တုိင္ၾကားခ်က္ စတင္စစ္ေဆး (News) 19 Oct 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ စပ်စ္ခူးေက်းရြာဦးပုိင္း ေျမစာစြန္႔ပစ္မႈျပႆနာ ေျဖရွင္းေပးရန္ ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 19 Oct 2018
- လံုျခံဳစြာ ေနရပ္ျပန္ႏုိင္ေရး ကခ်င္ စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ား ကုလ ကုိယ္စားလွယ္ ကို တင္ျပ (News) 18 Oct 2018
- ဆႏၵျပေခါင္းေဆာင္ ၃ ဦးေပၚ စြဲခ်က္ ႐ုတ္သိမ္းေပးရန္ ဂ်ပန္ေရာက္ ကခ်င္မ်ား ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 18 Oct 2018
- KNG TV Oct.18 Kachin State news (KNG TV) 18 Oct 2018