Wadu Hkun Awng, a father of five from Lung Sha Yang village, Sumprabum township in northern Kachin State of Burma was arrested by Burma Army’s Light Infantry Battalion LIB (423) and have no information about him since then.
Roi Seng, his wife said that on 10th March her husband accompanied his friend to Sumpyi Yang Village and on return journal he was arrested between Masum Zup and Htang Hka village by LIB (423) personnel, according to family members.
Since then his information has been not available.
About 20 to 50 villagers from Lung Sha Yang had tried to find the remain of Wadu Hkun Awng but could not find, said his wife.
They assumed that he was dead and were preparing for his memorial service.
Similar incidence had happened to Nhkum Dauje Naw San, 35 and Hpaugan Yaw, 65 from Mai Hkawng village KBC (Kachin Baptist Convention) IDP camp-1, Mansi township in Bhamo district in southern Kachin State were arrested by LIB (319) on 31st January and their remains were found on 8th March, 2018.
- Chipwe Township IDP Dies Due to Lack of Healthcare, Medicine (News) 16 Mar 2019
- March 16, 2019 KNG TV News (KNG TV) 16 Mar 2019
- Kachin Locals Call for Halt to Eight Proposed Dams on Intl Rivers Day (News) 15 Mar 2019
- March 15, 2019 KNG TV News (KNG TV) 15 Mar 2019
- VFV Land Law Must Be Amended: Kachin Politicians, Legal Experts (News) 14 Mar 2019