Eyewitnesses in Myitkyina said several herds of cattle owned by civilians around Myitkyina died within 24 hours after they showed “foot-tremble symptoms”.
Veterinary doctors say Anthrax causes fever, swelling and often death in animals, especially sheep and cattle. And it can be passed on to humans.
Cattle owners and residents of Myitkyina are scared that the disease can be passed on to humans, residents said.
At the same time, government’s veterinary doctors and staff have swiftly responded to the disease. They are injecting anti-Anthrax vaccines to cattle in villages around Myitkyina by visiting village after village taking the help of village administrative offices, said local cattle owners.
Locals added, that the Burmese ruling junta’s response to the Anthrax disease in Myitkyina is silent without public announcement in the township. However, they did not bother to warn civilians not to sell meat of cattle dying from Anthrax in local markets, said locals.
According to residents, local people believe that the disease is said to have spread in Myitkyina areas due to changing weather from winter to summer in Kachin State.
Meanwhile, farmers in villages around Myitkyina are terribly worried about losing their cattle to the disease because they mainly rely on cattle for ploughing their rice paddy and crop fields.
- ဖားကန္႔ ေက်ာက္စိမ္းကုမၸဏီ ႏွင့္ ေရမေဆးသမား ၾကား အျပန္အလွန္ တိုက္ခိုက္မႈ ျဖစ္ပြား (News) 19 Nov 2018
- တရားစြဲဆို ခံေနရေသာ ကခ်င္သူငယ္ ဆႏၵျပပြဲ အမႈ ေနာက္ဆုံး သက္ေသကို စစ္ေဆး (News) 19 Nov 2018
- KIA တပ္မဟာ (၁) ေရွ႕တန္း စခန္းငယ္ (၁)ခု ျမန္မာအစိုးရတပ္ သိမ္းပိုက္ (News) 15 Nov 2018
- ေျမယာ သိမ္းပိုက္မႈျဖစ္ေစေသာ အစိုးရ ဥပေဒကို တိုင္းရင္းသားမ်ား ကန္႔ကြက္ (News) 14 Nov 2018
- ဆဒုံ Chyinghtawng Pa ေကာက္သစ္စား ပြဲေတာ္ကို ၾကီးက်ယ္ခမ္းနားစြာ က်င္းပ (News) 13 Nov 2018