In a situation fraught with risks, the Burmese government has ordered residents of Myitkyina capital of Kachin State to take charge of security of the Myitkyina-Namti railway road, given the ongoing war between Kachin Independence Army (KIA) and the Burmese Army.
It has been made mandatory for at least 10 civilians from each quarter in Myitkyina to monitor the railway road for security reasons in rotation.
“People from our quarter have to do duty between our place and the Janmai Kawng quarter,” said residents of the city.
The railway road passes through from Myitkyina station to Min Yat, Myo Thit, Aye Yar, Yan Gyi Aung, May Myint, Du Kahtawng, Jan Mai Kawng and San Pya quarter and heads towards Namti, Mogaung Township.
If people are reluctant and do not want to go for the security detail then they will have to pay a fine or send a substitute for the duty. The quarter administrative department will collect the money from every house in the quarter.
- ျငိမ္းစုစီ ပုဒ္မ ၁၉ႏွင့္ စြပ္စြဲခံရေသာ ကခ်င္လူငယ္ ေခါင္းေဆာင္ ၃ဦး အာမခံခြင့္ ရ (News) 10 Dec 2018
- ျပည္သူ႔အကိ်ဳးေဆာင္ လူငယ္ေခါင္းေဆာင္ ၃ဦးကို ျပစ္ဒဏ္ မခ်သင့္ (News) 8 Dec 2018
- Kachin State Party အမည္ႏွင့္မွတ္ပုံတင္ျခင္း ေရြးေကာက္ပြဲ ေကာ္မရွင္ ခြင့္ မျပဳ (News) 8 Dec 2018
- တရား႐ုံး စီရင္ခ်က္ေပၚ ကန္႔ကြက္ဆႏၵျပပြဲ ေခါင္းေဆာင္ (၃)ဦး ဖမ္းဆီး ခံရ (News) 7 Dec 2018
- တရား႐ုံးက ကခ်င္လူငယ္ ေခါင္းေဆာင္ ၃ ဦး ကို ေထာင္ ၆လ ႏွင့္ ေငြဒဏ္ ၅သိန္း စီရင္ခ်က္ ခ် (News) 7 Dec 2018