In a situation fraught with risks, the Burmese government has ordered residents of Myitkyina capital of Kachin State to take charge of security of the Myitkyina-Namti railway road, given the ongoing war between Kachin Independence Army (KIA) and the Burmese Army.
It has been made mandatory for at least 10 civilians from each quarter in Myitkyina to monitor the railway road for security reasons in rotation.
“People from our quarter have to do duty between our place and the Janmai Kawng quarter,” said residents of the city.
The railway road passes through from Myitkyina station to Min Yat, Myo Thit, Aye Yar, Yan Gyi Aung, May Myint, Du Kahtawng, Jan Mai Kawng and San Pya quarter and heads towards Namti, Mogaung Township.
If people are reluctant and do not want to go for the security detail then they will have to pay a fine or send a substitute for the duty. The quarter administrative department will collect the money from every house in the quarter.
- ေမွာ္ဝမ္းကေလး ရာအိမ္မွဴး၊ ဒုရာအိမ္မွဴး တာဝန္မွ ရပ္စဲေရး တုိင္ၾကားခ်က္ စတင္စစ္ေဆး (News) 19 Oct 2018
- ဖားကန္႔ စပ်စ္ခူးေက်းရြာဦးပုိင္း ေျမစာစြန္႔ပစ္မႈျပႆနာ ေျဖရွင္းေပးရန္ ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 19 Oct 2018
- လံုျခံဳစြာ ေနရပ္ျပန္ႏုိင္ေရး ကခ်င္ စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ား ကုလ ကုိယ္စားလွယ္ ကို တင္ျပ (News) 18 Oct 2018
- ဆႏၵျပေခါင္းေဆာင္ ၃ ဦးေပၚ စြဲခ်က္ ႐ုတ္သိမ္းေပးရန္ ဂ်ပန္ေရာက္ ကခ်င္မ်ား ေတာင္းဆုိ (News) 18 Oct 2018
- KNG TV Oct.18 Kachin State news (KNG TV) 18 Oct 2018