The Kachin Baptist Convention (KBC), the largest Kachin Christian denomination urged all its members living in urban areas to help refugees, who fled from their homes because of the civil war between the Kachin Independence Army (KIA) and the Burmese Army since June 9.
“We all know our people are struggling because of the war. Those who fled the war zone lack food, clothes and healthcare and they are in dire need of support,” said a statement released by KBC on June 22 to all its member churches.
The Baptist Christian organization said they plan to visit refugees to help in the running of refugee camps.
KBC has invited people and organizations to contact them if they wish to donate for the civil war victims, the statement said.
According to a source from the China border there are more than 20,000 refugees who fled to the border and about 13,000 refugees are being sheltered in Laiza headquarters of the KIO.
KIO has been distributing two cans of rice to each refugee per day while a locally based NGO is providing healthcare.
A young pastor from Myitkyina the capital of Kachin State said, it might be possible for the KBC to visit and help refugees in the border. However there will be a lot of difficulties and risks involved given that war is on in the whole state.
More than 500 refugee students in Laiza are getting a chance to continue their classes at a school being run by the KIO’s education department. However they are faced with a shortage of learning material.
- ကခ်င္ စစ္ေရွာင္မ်ားကို ကယ္ထုတ္ရန္ အသင္းေတာ္ ၾကိဳးပမ္း ေန (News) 14 Apr 2018
- ျမန္မာစစ္တပ္ ႏွင့္ KIA တိုက္ပြဲတြင္ ရြာသား ၁ ဦး ေသဆုံး၊ ၁ ဦး ထိခိုက္ (News) 13 Apr 2018
- တပ္မေတာ္ ၏ Awng Lawt ထိုးစစ္ေၾကာင့္ ေဒသခံ ျပည္သူ ၂၀၀၀ ေက်ာ္ ပိတ္မိေန (News) 12 Apr 2018
- တုိက္ပြဲေၾကာင့္ အင္းေတာ္ၾကီးအိုင္ ေဒသ ရြာသား ၂၀၀ ေက်ာ္ ထြက္ေျပး (News) 12 Apr 2018
- ကခ်င္ပါတီေပါင္းစည္းေရးမွာ USDP ပါတီနဲ႔ မဟာမိတ္ပ်က္ခဲ့တဲ့ UDPKS မေနာတုိင္ပါတီ ပါဝင္လာ (News) 12 Apr 2018